Hopkins ArtStreet 2018
Call for Entries
Entry Deadline: 2/16/2018
You are invited to submit work for consideration for the seventh annual Hopkins ArtStreet exhibit. Selected artwork will be displayed for one year on Mainstreet, Hopkins.
Images – Minimum: 3, Maximum: 9
Total Media – Minimum: 3, Maximum: 9
Entry Fee (Hopkins Art Street 2017): $25.00
Hopkins ArtStreet is a select, juried public art display centered on charming, historic Mainstreet in Hopkins, MN (15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis). Artists working in all outdoor-tolerant media are invited to apply. Accepted artwork is displayed for approximately one year (May to May).
The goal of the ongoing ArtStreet project is to build a collection of permanent and rotating works that over time will come to celebrate the diverse community and vitality of Hopkins through showcasing original artworks in an accessible setting. A collaboration among the City of Hopkins, the Hopkins Business & Civic Association, and the Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts, this project is part of a long-term vision for incorporating public art into Hopkins and enriching the lives of its residents and visitors.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
This exhibition is open to established and emerging artists, working in all media that can withstand outdoor public display. Each artist may submit up to three original artworks for consideration. Selected artists will receive a stipend of $1000 to offset the cost of transportation of their artwork and any other incurred travel/hotel expenses. Artists must be present at the installation of their work.
CRITERIA FOR ARTWORK:
The jurors’ goal is to achieve a diverse selection of artwork that is of high quality in both concept and construction and is appropriate for display in a public, outdoor environment. Specific requirements and objectives are:
1. All entries must be original works by the submitting artist.
2. Artworks must be durable enough to withstand the elements in a year-long show with minimal maintenance, and be at least 18″ tall.
3. Works must pose no hazard to patrons, including the sight impaired, physically disabled or children
4. Works must be appropriate for a family audience.
5. Works must be insured by the artist.
6. Selected works must be ready for installation. Selected artists will receive more information.
Sites in the exhibition area include concrete slabs, pedestals and a brick wall. We are open to alternate methods of display. Contact Jim Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss further.
Larger works (greater than 4′ in one dimension) are encouraged, as are artworks that are interactive, reflective, kinetic or otherwise engage the curiosity and imagination of viewers.
AWARDS/BENEFITS TO PARTICIPATING ARTISTS:
- Judges’ Award: $1,000
- People’s Choice Award: $300
- Children’s Choice Award: $300
- Purchase Award: jurors may recommend one piece to be purchased for the ArtStreet permanent collection
- All pieces will be actively marketed for sale. ArtStreet retains a 30% commission on sold pieces.
- Participating artists receive excellent exposure, as the loaned artworks are placed in high-traffic areas and promotional effort are ongoing.
Submit questions about this project or procedures via email to email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your participation.