The fall 2016 Members’ Juried Exhibition will run September 24 – October 29, 2016. All current members may submit 1-2 pieces of work for consideration in this show. This is a juried show and will be judged for awards.
- Dates of drop-off*: Sunday, September 18 (1-4pm) & Monday, September 19 (4-7pm)
- Date of pick-up*: Sunday, October 30 (1-4pm)
*No exception to these dates and times, storage fees may apply after these dates.
Who is eligible?
All (members) Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts. (If you are not a member, you may become one when you register for the show.)
What artwork is eligible?
- Original work in all media is accepted but must have been completed within the last 2 years and not previously exhibited at the Center. (Work is juried for entry, this is not like the members’ spring show.)
- Work must be submitted ready for installation – clean, undamaged and framed if meant to be framed. For wall-hung pieces, please attach a horizontal wire as the hanging mechanism as this permits us to attach the piece securely to the wall.
How do I register?
- Hand deliver 1-2 pieces of art to the Center on Sunday, September 18 (1-4pm) or Monday, September 19 (4-7pm). NO EXCEPTIONS TO DATES AND TIMES! Unlike our spring members’ show when all work is exhibited, for this show a jury will review submitted work and choose pieces for the show. Artwork accepted for the show will then be judged for ribbons and cash awards.
- Have a check ready for your nonrefundable entry fee of $15 for one piece and $18 for two pieces. IF YOU NEED TO BECOME A MEMBER, you may include your membership fee in the same check ($35; $30 for people age 60 and over or full-time students). Make the check payable to: Friends of HCA.
- Make sure you have the following information attached to the back of your piece: your name, title of work, medium, price if for sale, your e-mail, your daytime phone if you do not have e-mail.
Then what happens?
- A jury will review submitted work and choose pieces for the show.
- Jurying will occur on Tuesday, September 20 and you will be notified by e-mail if your work has been accepted or not by Thursday. Pick up of unselected work on Saturday, September 24 from 6-8pm.
- A free, public opening reception will be held on Saturday, September 24 from 6-8pm. The show will be judged for awards and these will be given out at 7pm at the reception.
- The show will remain open for public viewing free of charge during normal operation hours: 8am-8pm Monday-Friday; 10am-8pm Saturday; Noon-5pm Sunday.
- You must pick up your artwork after the show closes on Sunday, October 30 (1-4pm). Work not picked up on time is subject to a storage fee of $5 per day.
Hopkins Center for the Arts reserves the right to determine placement of artworks.