The fall 2015 Members’ Juried Exhibition will run September 13 – October 17, 2015. All current members may submit 1-2 pieces of work for consideration in this show. This is a juried show and will be judged for awards.
Dates of drop-off*: Sunday, September 6 (1-4pm) & Tuesday, September 8 (4-7pm)
Dates of pick-up*: Sunday, October 18 (1-4pm) & Monday, October 19 (4-7pm)
*No exception to these dates and times, storage fees may apply after these dates.
Who is eligible?
All (members) Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts. (If you are not a member, you may become one when you register for the show.)
What artwork is eligible?
- Original work in all media is accepted but must have been completed within the last 2 years and not previously exhibited at the Center. (Work is juried for entry, this is not like the members’ spring show.)
- Work must be submitted ready for installation – clean, undamaged and framed if meant to be framed. For wall-hung pieces, please attach a horizontal wire as the hanging mechanism as this permits us to attach the piece securely to the wall.
How do I register?
- Hand deliver 1-2 pieces of art to the Center on Sunday, September 6 (1-4pm) or Tuesday, September 8 (4-7pm). NO EXCEPTIONS TO DATES AND TIMES! Unlike our spring members’ show when all work is exhibited, for this show a jury will review submitted work and choose pieces for the show. Artwork accepted for the show will then be judged for ribbons and cash awards.
- Have a check ready for your nonrefundable entry fee of $15 for one piece and $18 for two pieces. IF YOU NEED TO BECOME A MEMBER, you may include your membership fee in the same check ($35; $30 for people age 60 and over or full-time students). Make the check payable to: Friends of HCA.
- Make sure you have the following information attached to the back of your piece: your name, title of work, medium, price if for sale, your e-mail, your daytime phone if you do not have e-mail.
Then what happens?
- A jury will review submitted work and choose pieces for the show.
- Jurying will occur on Tuesday, September 8 and you will be notified by e-mail if your work has been accepted or not by Thursday. Pick up of unselected work on Sunday, September 13 from 2-4pm.
- A free, public opening reception will be held on Sunday, Spetember 13 from 2-4pm. The show will be judged for awards and these will be given out at 3pm at the reception.
The show will remain open for public viewing free of charge during normal operation hours: 8am-8pm Monday-Friday; 10am-8pm Saturday; Noon-5pm Sunday.
You must pick up your artwork after the show closes on Sunday, October 18 (1-4pm) or Monday, October 19 (4-7pm). Work not picked up on time is subject to a storage fee of $5 per day.