The spring 2017 Members’ Exhibition will run April 6-May 6, 2017. All members are eligible to show 1-2 pieces of work in this show. The show will be judged for awards.
- Dates of drop-off*: Sunday, April 2 (1-4pm) & Monday, April 3 (4-7pm)
- Dates of pick-up*: Sunday, May 7 (1-4pm) & Monday, May 8 (4-7pm)
*No exception to these dates and times, storage fees may apply after these dates.
Who is eligible?
- All members of the Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts. (If you are not a member, you may become one when you register for the show.)
What artwork is eligible?
- Original work in all media is accepted but must have been completed within the last 2 years and not previously exhibited at the Center. (Work is not juried for entry.)
- Work must be submitted ready for installation – clean, undamaged and framed if meant to be framed. For wall-hung pieces, please attach a horizontal wire as the hanging mechanism as this permits us to attach the piece securely to the wall.
How do I register and participate?
- Hand deliver 1-2 pieces of art to the Center on Sunday, April 2 (1-4pm) or Monday, April 3 (4-7pm). NO EXCEPTIONS TO DATES AND TIMES!
- Have a check ready for your nonrefundable entry fee of $15 for one piece and $18 for two pieces. IF YOU NEED TO BECOME A MEMBER, you may include your membership fee in the same check ($35; $30 for people age 60 and over or full-time students). Make the check payable to: Friends of HCA.
- Make sure you have the following information attached to the back of your piece: your name, title of work, medium, price if for sale, your e-mail, your daytime phone if you do not have e-mail.
Then what happens?
- A free, public opening reception will be held on Thursday, April 6 from 6-8pm. The show will be judged for awards and these will be given out at 7pm at the reception.
- The show will remain open for public viewing free of charge during normal operation hours: 8am-8pm Monday-Friday; 10am-8pm Saturday; Noon-5pm Sunday.
- You must pick up your artwork after the show closes on Sunday, May 7 (1-4pm) or Monday, May 8 (4-7pm). Work not picked up on time is subject to a storage fee of $5 per day.
Hopkins Center for the Arts reserves the right to determine placement of artworks.